Translate

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Debate or hot discussions 11.17.18

            Today is Saturday, it is about 8:00, and I have already been busy. “Employees work from sun to sun, a retired person is never done!” You are correct, that is not an ole say, but it is so true. Talk to any retired person and you will learn, they are never done.
            This morning I hopped into the Ford’s ole Chevy, trailer loaded and attached, and headed out. On the third Saturday of each month the city has some of its employees at a site where they take limbs and grind them into mulch. They also have garbage trucks there to take trash that we don’t or can’t put in the trash containers at our homes.
            During one of those windy episodes, we had some limbs blow down (this info has been reported in past articles, you should read them all to stay up with the Fords) and this is my first opportunity to haul them away. Last month it was too wet and muddy at the drop off site, so they canceled the haul off day.  
            Limbs deposited at the drop off sight, I drove out the road toward the interstate highway in an effort to allow the wind to clean the leaves and other small trash from my trailer. No that is not littering as these were all natural items.
            Back at the homestead I was able to back the trailer into the back 40 and reposition it in its usual parking area. The yard was a little wet and I did leave a few tracks.
            I then, hoping for a little rest and coffee returned to the key board. My spouse of almost 5 decades headed out into the garage. I asked what she was going to do, and her reply was, “Defrost the freezer”. Naturally, I being the perfect husband, jumped up and offered to help. First we emptied all the frozen items from the freezer into the large ice chest. Then we moved the freezer over to the garage door and positioned it so it was leaning forward. This was done so it would drain onto the driveway as the ice melted. I deployed a fan blowing into the unit which helps increase the speed of defrosting.
               Now I am back at the key board. I had originally wanted to write about a debate between myself and my first wife. It is obvious that people who live together and identify as male and female, will often have entertaining debates. This morning we were debating a subject when I noted, “People should listen”! That drew my present spouse’s attention. She asked, “What did you say”! I repeated my statement, “People should listen”, I then spelled, “L i s e n”. I then got the look. The debate ended, and I knew what I wanted to write about, the spelling of a word.
               Real people articulate the word as, “Lis en, or Li sen”, very few people sound the “T” in listen. I can’t understand why they don’t come to me before they finalize the spelling of any word.
               I had to leave the keyboard and check on the freezer. The ice was melting as expected. I did reposition the fan for optimum air flow and melting of the ice.
            There was time for a cup of coffee, and I did enjoy it. As I sipped on the coffee I thought of a photo I had taken yesterday afternoon as I sit on the Fords ole rocker, enjoying a drink. The moon had appeared and I decided to see how the old Sony digital camera would work. I took a photo and later down loaded it to the computer.
            

            The ole camera works fairly well, it does not have a high resolution.
            Back to work, the freezer has all the ice removed and I have dried the inside twice. Any moister left inside the freezer will be ice in a short time. We are now ready to move it back to its home location. My spouse of many years is positioning all the items back into the freezer. She has some method which allows her to find things when she needs them. There is about 35 dozen homemade tamales, which she made last week. There were some that I had to sample, as I am the taste tester here at the Homestead.
            All that done, I was allowed to go to the fast food place and get some fast food for lunch.
            Lunch completed, I was then allowed to participate in an exercise program. I was allowed to bring Christmas decorations from the Ford’s ole shed to the Ford’s ole garage. This was a very pleasant experience, as I walked back and forth possibly 20 times carrying Christmas decorations. I did not bring them all to the garage, just the items that need to be put together.     That completed, my present spouse began putting some of these things together, like Christmas trees that go in the yard along with other items. FOTO to follow, click to enlarge!

            Donna is working on trees and all you see is the Texas flag? Why do I even try!
            I proceed back to this key board to bring you up to date. I am so tired now I can’t even type. “Employees work from sun to sun, a retired person is never done!”

May you have time to rest and never be retired!

Senior Fellow of Decoration movement; Don Ford    

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: