Translate

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

He had the touch 02.28.18

                Yes, we will attempt to squash an old wives tale. I am sure, that one reader, and you know who you are, has just misunderstood that first sentence.   NO, I did not mean to say, “Old wives tail”. 
                1, allow me to note that there was a posting yesterday, and it was also dated as the 28th, I was in error. Also, there is another posting that was posted Monday, and you did not receive an email announcing these two postings. I am trying to not clog your inbox. 
                2, I have some photos of a finished product. There are three photos, one has been posted previously.


  
This executive pencil holder can be use laying down or standing up, depending on the space available.
                C, now to the topic of the day. As usual I was sitting on the Ford’s old recliner this morning with a cup of instant coffee. Instant coffee is cheaper per cup than real coffee, and we must do all we can to be frugal. As I sat there cup in hand there was a commercial that came on TV. I do not know what the commercial was for, but it had someone pretending to be King Midas. As the story goes, this King had the ability to turn into Gold, anything he touched. 
                Naturally, as soon as I saw this commercial my brain began to activate. I first wondered, how he got this ability. Then I thought, was it only things that he touched with his finger, or was it anything that his skin touched. Then it came to me this story can’t be true because, what would happen when he tried to pick a booger from his royal nose.
                If it was only his finger touching something that turned into gold, what would happen when his finger touched his thumb, or other parts of his hands, and we aren’t even going to consider the rest room possibilities?
                Now consider this, he couldn’t wear any clothes, as they would turn to gold and crush him.
                The Midas story is not true!
We hope you have a golden day!

Don Ford

No comments: