Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

October 8, 2024

            Good morning to you and that other person too, we hope everyone has a good day.

            Very few activities yesterday: I was able to get the oil changed in the Ford’s ole Chevy and it was also inspected. The oil change place was very busy, and I don’t like it when they are hurrying to get the work done on my vehicle. I want the work to be done right, and with an oil change if they hurry, do they get all the oil out before starting to add more?  With the oil change they give me a free coupon for a car wash, but I have never tried the car wash.

            Back at the home front I went out back and reviewed some of the weeds that are popping up, so I got the round up out and sprayed a couple areas, then I began the work of pulling weeds. Now I call these weeds “wire weeds”, I do not know if that is their official name but that is what I call them. When these weeds are growing, they have small white blooms which makes it easy to see them. The bending over pulling these weeds is difficult for ole senior persons like me so I took my seat / knelling device with me. As I was pulling the weeds along the fence, I looked at the neighbors back 40 and it is covered with these weeds. The neighbor’s yard has at least 50% of the area covered with these weeds. That is why I have them in my back 40.

            While in the back 40 I noticed a new black berry starting up and I have a photo. This new black berry is 5 to 6 feet outside the berry bed. I will attempt to dig it up and put it in a pot. If it survives in the pot then I can give it away or plant it in one of the beds. You must look close to see the new plant.

            I went to the front yard to look for these same weeds and since it had been mowed lately there was no white blooms to be seen. I being very observant, was able to fine these weeds in the front yard because they look different from grass. There were only a few in the front yard, thank goodness. 

Our bible study was very good last night, and our discussion group must be getting use to being around each other, as there were several lively discussions with differing opinions. I think we all learned something from the discussions.

Today I plan to go into Waco and get the tag for my vehicle. This is a long drive for a senior citizen, and it cost too much money.

I just looked at the clock so I need to get ready to get Alex off to school. I guess I will finish this when I get back.

I am back and Alex made it to school safely. We hope everyone has a good and safe day, please keep the people in Florida and in the Carolinas in your prayers.

Hurricanes bad.

Senior ole person who will spend all his money on the sticker for the truck, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: