Translate

Friday, October 11, 2024

October 11, 2024

            What a day for day dream, or maybe it is just a good morning! The sun is up and I am sitting here in front of the computer as opposed to going to get Alex and take him to school. Yep, you got it right, school is out today, and also on Monday. I guess the teachers just needed a day off.

            We did go to the freshmen football game yesterday and the game was a close game but watching the game, “sucked”. Please allow me to explain the reason for the word sucked. The game started at 5:00pm, the sun was shining brightly on both sets of the stadium seats. There was not a cloud in the sky, and the sun had been shining all day, the seats were hot to the touch, and the sun was shining directly into our faces.

            We picked our seats and a few minutes later several people from the other team set down behind and beside us. The game started and a couple of the women were screaming at every play. These were not young ladies they were senior but they had very loud voices. We put up with the screaming until half time and then we got up and moved.

            We had an umbrella that I opened and held when we chose the other seats, and it became a problem for my wife to see as I would get it in front of her. During the last quarter of the game the seats on the other side of the field were actually in the shade as the sun had moved some, we were still in the direct sunlight. We lost the game in the last quarter 20 to 16, and as I inferred earlier, the game was good but being there in the hot sun sucked.

            Game over we drove back to Hewitt Texas on I-35, it was about a 25-mile trip. I set my speed to 75 mph and most of the other vehicles were passing me, I guess they were in a hurry. I decided to get a sandwich on the way home so I ordered two spicy chicken sandwiches. The sign indicated the price per sandwich was $6.29. when I pulled up to the window the fellow said the price was $6.50. I learned that the two sandwiches priced at $6.29 each, were two for six dollars. Wow some good news and they were very spicy.

            We did not get to sit outside for our rest period yesterday so I did not get an adult beverage.

            Today’s possible actions: since it is cool this morning and it will be hot later in the day, I may go out and spray some off on me and then go to the ditch and cut the weeds down in the ditch. We hope you have a good day and stay safe in all you do.

Good game crummy conditions.

Senior ole person who don’t want to work but I guess I will, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: