Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2024

October 15, 2024

We hope you are having a good morning, and ours seems to be looking good. I will splain later, Lucy.

Did the Don do anything yesterday: well, he did take advantage of the cool morning air and put the new tarp on the riding mower. Finishing that project, I decided to water the remaining potted plants that were not watered the day before. Obviously, since I had the hose in hand I watered the berry beds.

Completing those “strenuous tasks”, we decide to do what the repairman told us to do, and that is defrost the freezer portion of the refrigerator. Defrost meant there was a hunk of ice on the back of the unit, not just frost. Now to do this we were told it would take about 12 hours with the freezer open and the doors of the refrigerator should not be opened, keeping the items in the refrigerator cool.

We needed to move the frozen items from the freezer, to the freezer in the garage. The garage freezer was full due to us allowing a friend to put some items in our freezer as hers was full. We called her and told her that we needed her to get her items as we now need the room.

I went to the shed and moved several items around which enabled me to get to the Ford’s ole cooler, and I placed it in the garage. I moved her items into the cooler. She was supposed to come yesterday to get them she did not, her items are still in the cooler. I also recovered a fan from the shed to be placed at the open freezer to help warm and remove the ice and dry the area. 

We moved the items from the indoor freezer to the freezer in the garage. We also moved any items that we thought we would need today from the refrigerator in the house to the fridge in the garage.

Different subject: I did review the questions and answers for the bible study and I read the notes for last night’s bible study, which we are supposed to do that after the lecture. The notes are a lot like the lecture. I did not have supper last night and I did not get an adult beverage, maybe I will get both tonight.

Today: This morning, we unplugged the refrigerator and opened the freezer drawer, place the fan blowing into the unit and now we are waiting.

There wasn’t as much ice in the freezer unit as we were led to believe, and most of the ice has now fell off. I believe we will be finished with the project in about half the time the maintenance person told us.

I did get Alex to school safe and on time. Well you know all about us now so I will say have a good day and be safe in all you do.

Ice removal. 

Senior person who is defrosting today even though it may be 97 today, Don the Ford

 

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: