Translate

Sunday, October 13, 2024

October 13, 2024

            Today is the 13th, but not Friday the 13th. We want to wish everyone a good day.

            Let’s see what happened yesterday: we picked Alex up Saturday morning about 11:00 when he had finished the ROTC training. They were preparing for the upcoming Homecoming for Mid Way High School. We then headed into Waco for a quick lunch at the sandwich shop. Food ate, we headed for home where we turned Alex loose getting ready to mow.

            I headed out back to pick up the Poopa-Loopa when I remembered, we needed to dig up a black berry before the mowing started. Alex got the shovel and I got the flower pot to put the berry in. Alex dug the berry plant up and potted it. I then finished the Poopa-Loopa pick up as Alex checked the riding mower.

            Alex was mowing the back 40 as I decided to pull some weeds from a rose bush. I went to the ole hot house to get a flower pot and as I removed the pot from the wooden bench there was a swarm of wasps, and yes one of them stung me above my left eye. I did get the wasp spray and sprayed the nest killing many of the wasps. When I was pulling the weeds from the rose bush, I was on my knees again.

            Back yard completed Alex went to the front yard and mowed and trimmed it. Alex does good work and you only have to tell him how to do something one time. The mowing complete he procured the leaf blower and cleared the neighbors drive and along the street.

            All that done, I dropped Alex off at home, I needed a nap.  Later in the afternoon we were able to sit outside for a while watching the neighbor ladies as they were trimming a tree and cutting up the trimmings into small easy to handle pieces, then piling them up. I did take a photo of the Boggabilla’s as we were sitting outside yesterday.

            These flowers are blooming all the time, and it may be due to the amount of BS, aka fertilizer, where we sit every afternoon.

            Well, I guess that is it for now, I hope we all have a good Sunday and please stay safe in all we do.

Yard work supervisor.

Senior ole person who got the yard mowed and did little work, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: