Translate

Monday, October 14, 2024

October 14, 2024

            We had a good day yesterday and we hope we all have a good morning along with another good day, but we hope it is a little cooler today than yesterday. We learned this morning that the high yesterday was a record setter, 104 degrees. It was the hottest day ever on record for October. Today's high is said to be mid 80s, and later this week we are expected to cool down to the 50s at night and high 70s to low 80 in the day.

            Yesterday in review: we did very little yesterday, after I completed my daily reading and homework, my favorite wife and I decided to go to the cracker store for lunch. The wait was about 25 minutes to be seated and it seemed that long between the time we ordered to the time we were served. Food eaten my favorite wife shopped a little while, which turned into a conversation with someone she knew. 

            Leaving the cracker store we decided to go to the cheap store and review their inventory. We purchased one thing that cost about $2.00 and then we headed to the Harbor store. At the Harbor store I purchased a tarp which will be use to cover the ole riding mower.

            Arriving back at home a friend had dropped off a couple tubs that can be used for acorns as we collect them. Then another friend arrived at our homestead and he updates us on some of the Plumeria plants we have and how to get them ready for winter.

            Next, we washed the pot hound Tres, and then I watered the flowers out back of the house, I guess I should water those near the driveway and out in the front of the house this morning.

            Sitting outside yesterday, I looked at the kind of smart phone and it indicated that it was 101 while we were sitting there. It felt hot but I did not believe the 101 until this morning when the weather guy said it was 104 yesterday.

            Today's plan: I have no real plans for today, we will wait and see what happens.

Record high? 😐

Senior ole person who wished he could, but may not be able too, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: