Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Welcome to July 07.01.2020

            What? Half of the year is already over, wow time flies. Summer is here full force, it is supposed to be 99 tomorrow, and 100 for the next two days. Possibly it is a good thing that I was wise enough to get out and mow the front and back yards yesterday. I did get hot an sweetie while mowing. (Do not comment on the word sweetie!) Everyone should know that I am a sweetie.

            During the mowing process, I did see the lizard who lives at the pile of 4 X 4s from the kid’s ole fort. I also was able to get a better photo of the red rose, and I will apply both photos to this posting. Click to see Fred up closer.

                                                 


    I think I now understand how solitary confinement affects the prisoner’s mind. When you have nothing schedule to do, no place to go, in other words no future, that prisoner just gives up. A person with no positive thoughts may have a tendency to give up. If you have some of those feelings do something about it.


            Make yourself a schedule even if it is as simple as, when to get up, when to eat, when to go outside, mow, pull weeds, wash the clothes, clean the house, wash the dog, go for a walk, when to go to the grocery store. Having a schedule of any type will help keep you focused.

. Do not just sit there and do nothing!

            As for myself, writing this blog is usually the first thing I do after getting dressed in the morning, (yes my first wife makes me put clothes on, every morning). Working with the scrap wood, building bird houses, chairs, benches or whatever, keeps me focused. Projects or hobbies keeps your mind working. Another thing I do, I have a tendency to hop in the Ford’s ole Chevy and go to the star coffee place, even though I have to wait in the drive through. It is something to do that gets me away from the house (a break in the monotony) for a few minutes.

            Very important, talking with others is very important! Talk with your neighbors, call friends and there is an “S” on friends. Call and talk with others, listen to them and share your thoughts. We are all in this together, and if you can be there for a friend, you may make their day or week much better. It will surely make your day or week better!  

           

            Ok, I will stop teaching, or was it preaching, either way I have stopped for now. 

 

I need to do something other than sit here preparing words of wisdom for the reading public, (aka you). I went to the star coffee place earlier, so I am heading for the fords ole garage I have another project in mind. Nope it is none of your business.

 

Call a friend, schedule your day, stay safe!

 

Senior teacher, preacher, and the right handsome sweetie, Don the Ford 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: