Translate

Monday, July 13, 2020

I saw something 07.13.2020

            As I was motivating over the hill, I saw Maybelline in a Coup Deville. No that isn’t it, let’s see;

            As I was walking up the street,

            With my great dog Tres on a leash,

            We passed a car with ugly seats.

            The seats were covered but not with sheets,

            There were skeleton heads on both the seats…

            Well, anyway, we were walking up the street, you know an early morning exercise for me, and a fun walk for the Tres. When we walked past a parked vehicle I did see the front seats had seat covers with skeletons on them. I initially thought some people are very odd, putting seat covers like that on their seats. That is a senior persons view of what seems stupid to him!

            Then I thought back over one hundred years ago, back when I was a teenager. I had a 57 Chevy, it was a two door sedan, 6 cylinder motor, and a standard transmission. I purchased a plastic skeleton head, it had red lights in its eyes. I placed the skeleton head in the back window facing the rear of the vehicle. I connected them to my break lights. When I applied the brakes the eyes would light up. I thought I was very cool!

What we see as silly now, may not have seemed silly in the olden days!

            Heck, I had installed a seat belt on the driver’s seat only, in that Chevy.

           

            Yesterday, I mowed around the neighbors back porch and trimmed the weeds. Then my spouse of over 5 decades and I went to the Barrel Restaurant. Last week there were few people there, this week there were too many people there.

            We had lunch and it was good, but we have decided we will probably not go back during times when you have to wait to be seated. Standing in the shopping area with all those people waiting to be seated, does not seem to be safe to us.

 

Crowds are not safe, stay away!

Senior skeleton head installer and masquerader. Don the Ford        

                                                “Mask er rader”


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: