Translate

Friday, July 24, 2020

Virus is close 07.24.2020

               Tres took me for a walk this morning, we got our 30 minutes of walking in. Returning to the homestead all hot and sweaty, I went outside to the first black berry patch and did some trimming of this year’s limbs. When the branches that have berries stop bearing, they die. One does not have to remove the old branches, but if you don’t they will be there to stick you next year when you are harvesting, and they do not bare the following year.

               I also pulled some of the weeds (aka grass) that was growing in the patch. As I removed the grass I found several new black berry plants popping up. I had watered the patch yesterday which makes pulling the weeds much easier.

Subject change: yesterday I noticed that my neighbor was mowing his lawn with his electric mower. I did not hear him, as the mower is almost silent. I decided to show him my new string trimer which is electric. He stopped mowing and I walked toward him, as he was on his side of the driveway. As I approached he coughed a couple times and I jokingly asked, “Do you have the virus?” He said, “I did have the virus a couple weeks ago, and I have been re-exposed to it again”! He noted that for two weeks he confined himself in one bed room, he could not smell or taste anything. After the virus had passed he and his spouse took some time and went to the coast for a little vacation.

               Upon returning he was again exposed to the virus. A family member had contracted the virus and exposed the family. He said he was again out of work for two weeks just the be sure he does not get it again. He probably will not get it again but they do not know for sure.

               You and I need to be very careful. A friend, a family member, or you, could get the virus and expose many others before they know they have it!

         We all need to be careful. We need to assume others have the virus, and wash our hands often, wear the mask, stay away from others as much as possible. 

 

               I don’t have any real plans for today, I do need to go to the teller machine and see if I can get a couple dollars. I have an idea for another project so I guess I could go out into the heat of the garage and do some wood scrapping.

 

May all your associates be healthy!

 

Senior, black berry branch cutter, with stickers in his arms, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: