Translate

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Nick names 07.16.2020

               For some reason, I began to think about nick names. I remember having had two nick names over the years. The first was “Henry”, it was given to me by a man name Jim Furr. Jim lived down the road from us and he work with my dad at the cement plant. Jim always had horses, ponies or donkeys and I would go to his place and ride them. Jim and his wife did not have kids.

               My other nick name is kind of odd, and I acquired it during a Boy Scout outing. As I remember there was several boys in the vehicle, the scout master was driving, and we were heading for home. One of the boys asked me a question and I answered with “This many”, and I flashed my fingers several times indicating a lot. For some reason he asked again and this time I said “Dis-meny”, and flashed my fingers. I can’t remember why, but they kept asking me how many and I would say Dis-meny. The next day at school someone called me Dis-meny, and the nick name stuck.

               Slight change in subject matter.

               I walked out of the Ford’s ole garage the other day and I saw a fellow standing at the corner, he had a skate board. He was a heavy looking fellow, and he did not look like a kid, although at a distance I could not tell his age. He would step on the skate board and then off. He never tried to push the skate board with one foot like most riders do. He kind of bounced on the board and it would move some. I noticed he had something in his hand. After a few bounces and messing with what he had in his hand the skate board began to move. It was battery powered, he started slow and picked up speed as he rode out of sight.

               Why couldn’t I have had one of them when I was a kid? Heck I would like to have an adult electric scooter or electric bike right now!   Why?     Because they sound like fun.

               Just think, I could go bike riding, you know to get exercise, and if there was too much exercise, I could push a button and the electric bike would take over. I have seen a bunch of them when they show the streets in New York. Maybe you all could get together and get me one!

               Maybe I could get a Government Sponsored electric bike, although the electric scooter is less expensive, but the bike would be better for a senior person who will have a birthday next month! Ole senior people are not like real people, we don’t have nice things!

               Change of topic, Tres and I have already went for a walk and about half way through the walk he stopped pulling and stopped smelling of everything. I think he just got tired.

               I have the fan running her at the desk in an attempt to cool off. 

               My first wife’s birthday is today and she will have lunch with some friends. She sold the china cabinet and table with the chairs yesterday. We can now get her vehicle back into the garage.                NO, I did not get any of the money from the sale.

               I may need to go into the city today as my bottle is running low. They have a drive through so I will not need to go inside. I need some wooden shims, I guess I could go to the Home store to get them. I would go to the DIB store but it is across town.

               What? Why I want some wood shims is none of your business! I can’t understand why you need to know everything. What do you use wood shims for, you shim something up. I need to shim something up.    

 

Shim not and it will be loose!

 

Senior shim-less person who needs and electric bike, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: