Translate

Thursday, July 2, 2020

You are not needed 07.02.2020

               I went to the eye doctor today, the technician gave me my tests, and I will go to the real eye doctor next week. The technician said, I am done with you, you can leave. I replied, that is hurtful, you are done with me, is that because I am old! We both laughed, as she walked me toward the exit. She was a good tech and she like to kid around.

               The comment got me to thinking. Yep I know, the Ford is thinking, and that means he has some wild made up story. Well this is not a made up story but it is coming from me.

               Sometimes a comment that sounds negative, can actually be meant as positive.

               I was the manager at the Waco center when my boss at that time, approached me, wanting me to go to another center. I did not jump at the idea. My boss stated, you are not needed here at the Waco center, we need you at…!

               Hearing that statement, I felt as if I was about to be required to move, or be terminated. He went on to tell me about the other center. All the time he was talking I was thinking about not being needed. He then made the comment, “Everyone here at Waco knows their jobs, if you and the supervisors did not come to work, the work would still get done!” I still took it to mean, I was not doing my job at Waco. If he didn’t think I was needed at Waco, why would he need me somewhere else?

               At some point I realized, the point he was trying to make was, everyone has been trained properly. In other words, the supervisors and I had done our jobs and we did not need to be here to get the work done, even though he never said those words.

               There is even more to this story but let’s stop and consider the following.

               A truly positive statement, will usually bring positive results!       

               Think about what you are saying, and how you are presenting it to someone. If you are trying to be positive, then be sure your statement is positive.

              

This applies at home as well as at work. Think about what and how you state things.

 

WE should think before we speak!

 

Senior stinker, I mean thinker, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: