Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2020

What a Saturday 07.19.2020

               Not a lot going on Saturday, I did get to haul off the limbs that were on the trailer, that have been there since March. I went over to Dave’s house and we loaded a bunch of stuff that they had. The pickup and the trailer was loaded. The nice thing was, we did not have to unload the items, the city employees and the garbage company employees did the unloading.

               I returned home and was able to back the trailer in, in a single try. Am I the world’s best trailer backer upper?

               Getting the trailer re-positioned in the back 40, I came to the house to see what my favorite wife wanted to do for lunch. She suggested we could try the cracker restaurant, if it wasn’t too crowded. I suggested the Bunk House but she did not want to drive that far. The restaurant was not crowded and we ate there.

               Returning home I took a well-deserved nap. Awakening from the sleep, I bounced out of the Fords ole recliner and ran to the back 40 where I moved some of the scrap lumber to the trailer and some next to the hot house. This will make it a little easier to mow, and I have the wood separated so I can get to anything I want, without moving other scrap lumber.

 


                                        

               As you can see the Ford’s ole trailer now has scrap lumber on it. After all the work I returned to the main building at the homestead to watch the Three Stooges. The cable company has stopped showing them so I watched them via antenna. 

               Subject change, as I sat outside the other afternoon (it was happy hour) I noticed the people were still working at the house across the street. I have seen them carry in sheet rock, so I assume they were replacing walls or ceiling before the new owners move in.  There was this one heavy set fellow, with his pants hanging down, the butt portion was at his knees. He may have been their best worker, but had I have been in charge of that group, he would have worn his pants pulled up or he would not have been a part of the team.

               A heavy guy, walking in and out of their trailer, continually pulling at his pants is not a pretty picture to a retired ole senior person. Heck I almost couldn’t finish my adult beverage. Just kidding I finished the beverage without any problems.

               Topic change; I straightened up in the garage this morning (Sunday), took some items to the shed, cut some of the dead black berry bushes out, washed out the bed of the pickup. If I would have had some shade, I would have washed the entire ole pickup. Now I am inside cooling off.

               This week I have moved away from my normal schedule. Usually a schedule change is more or less disrupting, but I have enjoyed doing some things differently. Now I have not changed everything, I still get my naps and eat at the same times but I don’t feel that I need to watch the so called news as much, I haven’t felt the need to sit here at the computer at the same time every day. A little change is good for you.

 

Thought of the day.          It is said, a pitcher is worth a thousand words.

                                             Is there a word that is worth a thousand pictures?

 

Don’t change, I am sure you are ok?

 

Senior change artists, and often a revered procrastinator, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: