Translate

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Yesterday nothing to do 06.09.2020

            Yesterday was Monday, and being an old retired person on a fixed income, I had nothing to do. If ole retired persons were like you real people, you know, still have a job and not on a fixed income, we could do things, go places and enjoy life!

            In an effort to show you that ole seniors have little or nothing to do, I will list the only thing I did yesterday.

            First, my present spouse allowed me to go out to the ole shed and get some coolers. That in its self was a task as I needed to get several items out of the way in an effort to get the coolers.

            Second, I was allowed to take all the items out of the freezer and defrost or de-ice the ole freezer. This is the freezer below the ole refrigerator which is in the garage. This unit was defective when we bought it, we did get our money back, and it is now in the garage. This only took about 1.5 hours.

            Third, I put all the coolers and other equipment back in the shed.

            Fourth, I procured some weed and grass killer and sprayed the locations of the sprinkler heads in the back 40. The grass is so thick that it can reduce the effectiveness of the sprinkler.

            Fifth, I got a first coat of paint on the scrap wood project, this only took about an hour. The scrap wood sucked the paint in, there will be additional coats of paint.

            Sixth, I blogged a little. During this period I ordered a new router. It has occurred to me that some of the reading public make have misunderstood my comment the other day when I said my ole router broke. There are a couple definitions of router. There is a router that works with your computer and the internet, then there is the router that shapes wood. The one I want is a wood shaper. I would like to thank everyone who sent a donation for the purchase of the new router, but…

            Seventh, I did pull some weeds and sprouting trees from the jasmine and the front yard, along with picking up sticks out of the grass. The jasmine has a tendency to grow up the trees, so I pulled and cut that off the trees.

            Eighth, I watered the plants in the back 40, including the black berries.

            Ninth, we, (I had help from the first wife), washed the dog. He liked it.

            Tenth, I helped pick some black berries, we got a quart.

            Now you know, a senior retired person on a fixed income has nothing to do, we just sit around and drink coffee, when we can afford it.

 

 

           

Subject change, I want to gripe a little. I am tired of the same commercials which are all too often repeated on the TV. I am tired of hearing about the virus, and all the so-called important people telling us to stay safe, wash our hands etc. If we don’t understand it by now, we will never understand it. I am tired of all the talk about changing some of the police protocols. They should stop talking and do something!  

            When you have nothing to do like this senior person, you watch too much TV. I also keep the darn TV on while I am blogging and searching the internet, yep I should turn it off!

 

 

May your day be filled with love and kindness!

 

Senior person with nothing to do and tired of TV, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: