Translate

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Chewing gum 06.07.2020




            My present wife purchased some chewing gum the other day. Have you ever thought about chewing gum? In the olden days when we lived in Missouri, we referred to it as chew gum. What the heck is this, “Chew gum” made of. When you put it into your mouth and begin to chew, there is usually some type of flavoring and sweetness for a while, then you are left with something that you can chew on forever. What is the crap that this chew gum is made of? You can leave your chew gum on the bed post overnight, and still chew it the next day! Something that doesn’t go away, until you throw it away, and we put that stuff in our mouth.

            I have a photo of a flower that is blooming in the back 40 this morning. These flowers bloom in the morning and are gone that evening.

                                               

            Subject change, as I was strolling through the back 40 this morning I heard a wood pecker, he or she was pecking on a neighbor’s tree. As I listened, I could not help but wonder how they could peck that fast. It almost sounded like a jack hammer. How do they do that without messing up their brains? Maybe they don’t have a brain.

            I have a photo of some damage to the ole out house.

                                               

            I do not think the wood peckers have done this, but I do think the squirrels have attempted to make larger holes for the food to come out. 

            Different subject, we are having our sons and their wives along with the grand kids here at the Ford Homestead for our noon day meal. As usual, my favorite wife is making enough food to feed an army. My present spouse cooks enough food so anyone that wants to, can take food home with them. Yes, there will be left overs for me.

 

May you be blessed with family and friends!

 

Senior ready to eat some real good food, Don the Ford

 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: