Translate

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

What did I do 06.02.2020

            Well since I asked the question, I guess I will answer my question. I did very little yesterday. I did build an additional bird residence just in case someone needs one. I did read some and I did sit on the scrap wood chair.

            Since we are talking about horses, I have a comment. Wait a minute, was I talking about horses? I don’t think so! Then how did that subject come up? Maybe my ole senior brain has flipped out. I bet that is it, I have gone off the deep end! Or maybe, I saw a commercial where this female cow girl jumped on her horse, and took off like a bat out of, well she went fast.

            When I was a children, many years ago, I rode horses. A fellow my dad worked with lived down the road from us and he always had horses. Yep, I got to ride them. Then a friend had a horse and we rode that horse a lot. Several of the girls who lived around us had horses, but that is a different story. Then there was another time when a friend had a horse and he pastured his horse at our place, I got to ride him a lot. The point is, in the olden days I rode horses.

            There was a commercial where the female subject got on her horse, it showed her getting on from the right side of the horse. That is the right side, if one was to sit on the horse. This is not a law, but it is considered a standard practice, you get on from the left side! Think about every cowboy show you have seen, they all got on from the left side.

            If they are going to make commercials, they should make them so I don’t get upset.

            Speaking of horses, have you ever rode on a horse as the horse swim across a body of water.  I have! My friend Steve had a horse, and we road it down to the pond one day. After the horse got a drink Steve rode the horse across the pond. He said it was fun so I did it. It is a very odd feeling as the horse swims.

            I have no idea how you got me on the subject of horses (TV commercial), so I am changing the subject. I got up this morning and sprayed some of the weeds along the fence and in the ditch behind the house. Tres was not happy as I made him stay in the garage. He wined and barked the entire time I was working.

            The other day I dug up a small pecan tree that one of the squirrels had planted, and I moved it to a better location. I put a tomato ring around it in an effort to keep Tres away. The next day the little tree (it was more or less a twig) was chewed off at ground level. I think one of the squirrels did not agree with where I had planted the little tree.

 

Fill your day with nice ole memories!

 

Senior, I would rather have a mule than a horse, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: