Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday again 06.28.2020

 

            We enjoyed the time spent with family yesterday. There was a lunch, and then a lot of talking. We all wore masks when venturing out, and it seemed as if most others were masking also. Did I just create a new terminology for wearing the mask, “Masking”, I think I did!

            I received a gift from Pat and Karla, if is a battery powered fan. I have a tendency to be hot a lot, and I make my own fans to keep me cool. The problem with the hand held fans for me is, when I start fanning I have a tendency to not stop, even after I have cooled down. I guess Pete and Karla wanted to help this ole senior retired person stay cool. The fan works well in many situations, and in the following photo you see how I use them while at the computer.

                                   

            Later in the day Saturday, my spouse of 51 plus years went to an estate sale and purchased a used table with chairs and a used china cabinet. We are retired and on a fixed income, we can’t afford new items. We will need to go pick it up tomorrow, if we can get some help, the darn thing is heavy. Hopefully we can get it home in one piece.

            If we get it home, then we will need to get the old items out of the house and get the used items into the house. What are we going to do with the old stuff? Got me!

            So having to do all that work today, Sunday, means I will get no rest. Poor senior citizens should not be required to work on Sunday, or any other day of the week.

            Saturday, as usual, I was up before sunrise. The so called news was saying there would be some beautiful sun rises, due to the African dust in the air. I went outside at sun rise in an effort to observe the wonder in the sky. It was cloudy, there was nothing pretty. Disappointed, and with tears in my eyes, I returned to the Fords homestead.

Work not and your spouse will…!

Masking can be fun, try it!

 

Senior retired person and at one time strong man, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: