Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Go to the dentists 06.18.2020

            Yep I have to visit the dentists today, last week during a cleaning, they said they needed to make more money, so they said I need a new filling.  Fun!

 

            I have an ole memory from the time when I was in high school, probably a freshmen. We were in gym class playing baseball. I was at bat and there was a portable back stop behind me. This back stop could be moved with a tractor. While I was trying to bat there was a couple students trying to pick up the part of the back stop that hooked to the tractor. They somehow were able to pick it up and the back stop fell forward striking me in the head.

            The next thing I knew I was getting up from the ground with blood coming out of my head. The coach was sitting on some steps at the school. I walked over to him and he looked at me and asked if I knew where the nurse’s office was. I said yes, he said go to the nurse’s office. He did not go with me and did not send anyone with me.

            The nurse was surprised to see the blood and cut on my head. She dressed the cut and they tried to call mom. They could not get her so they called dad. They told him my head was split open, and I need to go to the doctor. Dad thought they said I had a splinter in my head, and it was ok to take me to the doctor.

            The doctor sowed me up and put a bandage all around my head. They took me back to school and sent me to class. I had missed out on lunch and was back in class.

            I rode the bus home and Mom and Dad were surprised at what had happened. I don’t remember how many stitches but there were several. As my brother and a few other’s use to say, “Donnie Ray Ford with a head like a board”, another version was, “Donald Ray Ford with a head like a gourd“. I guess I was, and am, hard headed. 

 

Subject change: I have completed the scrap wood project and I have a photo. What is this project, let’s consider. It is a stool, which one can sit in the yard and use it to sit on, put your feet on if you are sitting in another chair. It can be used to sit flowers and other items on, or it can be set next to the Ford’s ole rocker and used to secure an adult beverage. Click to enjoy.

                                                                   

            Now for the one person who wants to comment, that it isn’t perfect, that you can see the screw heads, the wood is not perfectly smooth, it is painted and not stained that person would be correct. It is a scrap wood project, if it were made from new wood, the screw heads would be concealed, all the wood would be sanded super smooth, it would have been stained a walnut color and it could only be used inside the Homestead. A new wood project like this would be worth $1,208.17 but this scrap wood project is worth $1.20.

            Yes that is a piece of a log in the bottom of the stool with Texas engraved on it.

 

Stay safe, the virus isn’t over, be careful!

 

Senior scrapper and hardheaded person, Don the Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: