Translate

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Parallel 10/30/2019

            Could that word mean, side by side, and or, equally alongside of something.

            Let us harken back in time to 1963, which was only 56 years ago, a time in the past when I was taking Driver’s Ed. I was 16 years old and already had my driver’s license, but took the Driver’s Ed to get the insurance discount. One of the things we practiced was Parallel parking. It was my turn and I aced it. The next student was a female and she could not parallel park. After several tries she began to cry and the teacher had her get out from behind the steering wheel. 

            For some reason parallel parking has always been easy for me, as a matter of fact, I can still do it, even though there are very few locations where a person can parallel park.

            As my one reader knows, I pick up the Alex after school daily. I watch these people try to Parallel Park, and to this day, I have not seen one of them properly parallel park. I have seen then try and fail, I doubt that they even teach parallel parking now days. Most of these non-parkers go head first into the opening and then try to get the back end of the vehicle in.

 

            Different subject; we had light rain off and on yesterday through last night, totaling just a little over half an inch. It is cold and supposed to get colder tonight. We may even get a light freeze tonight. I have moved three cactus type plants into the Ford’s little hot house and I will need to place the heat lamp out there also. This possible freeze is coming about 3 weeks earlier than normal.

           

            Different subject; we will get back to normal time this weekend. If you want to, you can change the time on your clocks, if you have clocks, back one hour. Why did I say if you have clocks? Many people use their smart phones as their clocks, they even use them as alarm clocks.

 

Stay warm, be nice to others and you will be happy!

 

Senior flower mover; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: