Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Tired of it 10/29/2019

            I have commented on this in the past. I will comment on the subject again today. You can do nothing to help me, or should I say help the citizens of Hewitt, but if you listen it might make some of us feel better.
            I took my favorite granddaughter to school and the traffic was kind of light. When I turned the corner at the traffic light there was a driver attempting to turn in to the veterinarian’s parking lot. The car wanting to turn in was attempting to turn left against two lanes of traffic that is backed up at least two blocks. Finally, one lane cleared out, and a good citizen in the other lane allowed the car to turn in. Oddly enough, the car following the car that was allowed to turn in wanted to turn in also. We sat there a while longer.
            Traffic cleared and we made it to the drop off point where Gabi exited the Ford’s ole Chevy. Now I was able to get back out on the same road going to the same traffic light that had slowed our progress earlier. There were two lines of traffic stopped at the light. The left turn lane had several cars and the straight through / right turn lane only had 4 cars. I got in the straight through lane.
            The traffic light allowed all the other lanes of traffic to go four times (4) while our lane never moved. Traffic was backed up as far as I could see behind me. Finally, a vehicle behind me moved to the left turn lane which was empty as if had cleared all 4 times. I observed another car and a pick up move to the left turn lane and I followed. We were in the left turn lane maybe 30 seconds and the light allowed us to move. As I made the turn I looked back in the rear view mirror and the right lane was still stationary.
            Those people sitting at that traffic light are going to tell their boss they were late for work do to a malfunctioning traffic light. The most unusual excuse I ever received for a late arrival was from a fellow name Steve. Steve called in and said there is a Buffalo in the road. Steve lived out in the country and there was a wild life reserve near where he lived. A Buffalo had gotten out and was in the road.
Subject change:
            I know many of my reading public wonder how I come up with all these excellent topics to post on this blog. I have decided to share with you just how I am so, “Creative”! In the following photo you will see how I am influenced daily, and who shares with me her ideas for various articles.           Click to enhance Molly.
                                   
            In this photo we see the hand of a retired senior citizen who is on a fixed income. We see how this senior keeps his hands warm in this cold and unforgiving weather. There are some sticky notes and the monitor has a couple images from some of the security cameras. After Molly warms up the key board I am allowed to use it.

Wish you had a hand warmer?

Warm and ready; Don Ford
           

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: