Translate

Friday, October 11, 2019

Have you been conned 10/11/2019

            I guess that title line sounded a little odd. Could I really be conned, or is this senior person so observant and aware of situations around him, that he is considered, “Con proof”. Are any of us truly con proof?
            Yesterday, as I was relaxing in the Ford’s ole recliner, just before I closed my eyes, I had set my semi smart phone to alarm in 15 minutes. I have found that a short nap is very restorative for this ole senior person. (That may be the first time I have ever used the word restorative, does it make me sound smart?) When I awoke, I realized that my neighbor was mowing his yard. The weather people had predicted cold rainy weather for the next day, so I decided to try and keep up with the neighbors. I mowed the front yard.
            After mowing, I then removed a dead limb from one of the red oak trees. The limb was about 18 feet above the ground. I grabbed the Ford’s ole pol saw, it is 14 feet long, and I was able to cut it without being on a ladder. It was a fairly big limb and it broke into a bunch of small pieces when it hit the ground.
            This limb was in a location which is directly above where the Ford’s CEO usually placed an outside Christmas tree. Had it have fallen on the Christmas tree, it would have destroyed the tree, and I would have been in trouble, no food for a month!
            I was able to clean up the debris from the limb and also move the main body of the limb to the trailer in the back yard. It was a lot of work, but you know that senior retired people work tirelessly.
            Before that one person asks about the title line, we are expecting to get a fair amount of pecans from the Ford’s ole pecan tree this year. We got zero last year. We hope to be conned this year. I have a foto of some cons on the tree. Click to enrich your viewing experience!
                                     
            We received 2 inches of rain here at the Ford Homestead last night, but when I looked outside this morning it appeared to have not rained, as there was no water standing and the cement drive way was totally dry. Rain gage showed 2 inches. The ground must have soaked the water up.
            Also it is kind of cool here today, 49 degrees per my smart phone. I have long pants on and a long sleeved shirt. I even wore a hat when I took the Gabi to school this morning. 

The weekend cometh, be safe and relax!

Hoping to be conned; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: