Translate

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Silence 10/15/2019

               It was 6:58 am on a Monday morning, I was sitting outside on the swing with a cup of real coffee in hand. The neighborhood was totally quiet, as I sat there I noticed that the trees were totally still, it is unusual not to have some amount of breeze, the silence was almost over powering. Suddenly there was a call from one bird down the street, then a second call from a second direction and a third call. As quickly as those calls began, they ended, and the silence was once again almost over powering.
            I sipped on my coffee wondering why the birds called out and then went quiet. In the silence there was a second sound that came from a street that was a block away. This is trash pickup day and I could hear the truck retrieving the garbage.
            While all the above was going on, it was raining. Yep there was a 10 inch rain as I sat there in the swing. I was surprised that the cats and Tres did not seem to mind the rain. I guess rain drops that are 10 inches apart don’t bother the cats.

            If you will allow me I will comment on a different subject. Sunday afternoon I was sitting outside enjoying the nice weather when this lady came down the street. She was walking at a quick pace, obviously to me, she was exercising. She had the sweat shirt and pants on, her shoes were very white and looked new and she had her cell phone in her hand. I could not tell if she was talking on the phone but she was looking at the phone as she walked. She crossed from one side of the street to the other without looking to see if there was any traffic.
            Would you believe, there is a bill in congress to make all cell phones automatically shut off if they are moving, such as if the owner is walking or driving? You would not be able to walk or drive and talk at the same time. Safety is important and your government wants to get involved! Is, Your Government finally doing something for you!
            Subject change:
            As you know, we, the retired senior citizens, who are on a fixed income, are able to provide food for most of those who live at the homestead, but occasionally, someone might not get every meal. I have a photo that might be unsuitable for everyone to see. If you are easily upset, do not look at the photo below. This photo is completely true and not fictional in any manner.
  
May you never miss a meal or be on a fixed income!

Senior meal evaluator; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: