Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Punished for a mistake 10/23/2019

            Today is Wednesday, it is a cool 52 degrees outside, and we are supposed to get some storms with large amounts of rain tomorrow afternoon and evening. This posting has nothing to do with the weather, I just found it an easy way to begin my dissertation.

            Yesterday, after the Ford’s nap, I sprang from my recliner and sprinted to the Ford’s ole shed to get the Ford’s ole walk behind mower. The front yard was my target. Gas tank filled I ran with the ole mower to the front yard, excited about the wonderful clipping I was about to administer.

            Possibly, all the excitement may be what caused the mistake.

            I quickly reviewed the yard and there was no debris to be removed, which meant I could immediately begin the clip job.  It was a clip job as I had decided to not provide a manicure to the yard.

            This project was completed without any major concerns. Upon completion I returned the mower to the shed and considered taking a break prior to heading to school to get the Alex.

            It was about this time that I had realized I had made an error, a bad error! Would she find out? If she finds out, what would my punishment be? Why should I be afraid, possibly I should confess to the error, after all it was an error, and not committed intentionally!   

            A couple weeks ago my spouse of more than half a century had purchased me a new pair of walking shoes. You know the kind, black and white with that check mark on the side. I don’t know how much she paid but I believe it must have been a lot, possibly as much as $10.00.

            I was supposed to not ware the new shoes when I was doing any type of yard work. I have several pair of old shoes that should be worn while working in the yard.

            I forgot. I wore the new shoes while mowing. Luckily, they did not get dirty, and there is no grass stains on them. I confessed. My wife did not cook me anything for supper last night. I had a cold sandwich for supper.

            The sandwich may not have been punishment, my spouse likes to watch a TV show that comes on at 7:00, and if she cooked supper the clean up after supper might cause problems with seeing the entire TV show.

 

Punish your spouse not, and ye may be blessed!

 

Senior retired person who now has an error to his credit; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: