Translate

Friday, October 18, 2019

What time is it 10/18/2019

            In truth, I don’t think anyone knows what time it is. We usually accept the time that is posted on our cell phones, but who decided that is the right time, and what the heck is time? One day seems to drag on, and the next year passes so fast it seems like just a couple minutes!

            I don’t care about the above comment, I don’t know why it is even in this article. I want to present information about one of the Ford’s ole clocks.

            Were you just thinking out loud, or can I read minds? It sounded to me like you just thought, “Here we go again, he is going to talk about an old clock, and I don’t care”!

            It is hurtful to me, a senior retired person, and well known author of this blog, when one of the reading public feels it is necessary to openly think negative thoughts about one of my wonderful postings, before I even post it.

            I wanted to present information about the Ford’s ole clock, and the spiritual atmosphere that occasionally seems to influence it, but with all the negativity in the air, I guess I will shift gears and talk about something else.

            Tres and I went out to get the paper this morning. He took a minute or so to investigate the front yard and water some of the flowers, before he picked up the paper and brought it into the house. As I stood there in the freezing 49 degree temperature, I could see my breath as I exhaled. It would be odd if you could see your breath when you inhaled, I guess if you were a ghost you could see your breath when you inhaled, and now you have gotten me back on the subject of the spirit world. I told you, you hurt my feelings when you thought out loud, “Here we go again, he is going to talk about an old clock, and I don’t care”! You are trying to get me to explain about the clock and the possible spiritual influence, but until I get an apology I will not! 

            I don’t know why I even try to present information about interesting situations with that one annoying reader? Wait a minute, my grandkids say I am annoying, and they are right. Maybe that thought did not come from an annoying reader, possibly that thought came from my own annoying mind.

            OK, I will take a minute and open my wonderfully sensitive mind. Ok there it is, I just apologized to myself for having such a negative thought.

            Now what was this Silly Ole Retired Person going to say about the clock”.

            We have a clock, this clock identifies on the quarter hour. If you are in the area you would not need to see the clock as it chimes on the hour and on the quarter hour. As an example, if it is 5 o’clock it chimes 5 times.

            This morning the clock chimed 6 times at 6:00am. That is normal. Then at 5 minutes after 6:00 it chimed 6 times a second time, which is not normal. I have heard this clock do a similar thing one time on a Wednesday at 5:00am.

            Odd that I am the only one who has heard this. Could there be a spirit in the Fords Homestead that occasionally messes with the Silly Grandpa Head? This morning the clock chimed 6 times at 6:00am. I had just turned the TV off and headed to the privacy of our Privy. As I sat there contemplating what I might do this day, I again heard the clock chime 6 times.

            Malfunction in the clock that only happens when I am listening, spiritual influence attempting to tell me something, or, Silly ole Grandpa. I have my thoughts, you have yours.

 

Stop, Look, Listen, not just at railroad crossings!

 

Senior Fellow in charge of Clock-ology; Don Ford 


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: