Translate

Monday, October 21, 2019

Weekend over, work week... 10/21/2019

            Well, it did rain last night or sometime this morning. I did wake up and could hear either wind or rain but I did not get out of my warm ole bed to see what the weather was doing.
            This morning I did go to the back door to let the Tres go outside for his morning stroll, when I became aware that it had rained. I then observed a fairly large limb laying in the back yard. I will attempt to get a photo of the downed limb, this is the second limb to be found on the ground in the back 40 recently. If either of these limbs would have hit the Fords ole kind of hot house, there would have been either a large hole or it would have been totally destroyed.
                                               
In the first photo, we see a limb that might be 60 feet long, maybe 16 feet long lying on the ground. In the second photo you may be able to see the metal shepherds hook, bent under the limb.
                                               
The tree had grown around the shepherd’s hook, so it could not be moved. I will be working on removing this limb most of the day, possibly not even getting a nap!
            I decided to not take the Tres out back, instead we went through the garage door and that would allow me to see how much it rained. The Ford’s ole rain gage showed ½ inch, NICE! I then turned the sprinkler system off, as we being on a fixed income need to save as much as we can.
            As usual, I took my favorite granddaughter to school this morning, she reminds me that she is my only granddaughter when I make that comment. I was surprised at the number of limbs that were down in the yards. We must have had a lot of wind last evening. 

May your work load be manageable!

Senior workaholic at the Ford’s Homestead; Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: