Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

What we want 10/08/2019

            What is it that most of us want, other than being healthy, wealthy and wise? Most of us want to have friends, we want to be considered as friendly. Although I have covered this subject in the past, it came to mind again, so here I go preaching, I mean teaching!

            If you are smart, learn to listen. Hopefully someone will listen to you.

 

            Moving from that subject to another, as the Tres and I walked this morning, more than an hour prior to sunrise, I was surprised by a bird that started making a very loud sound. Then another bird started making a loud noise. They seemed to be in the trees that we were walking under. The noise continued until we were about 100 feet away. I assume they were warning all the birds in the area that a silly senior person with a big dog were in the area.                    

            Back at home, a cup of real coffee in hand, I went into the ford’s garage to acquire a hooded sweat shirt to keep my senior body warm in the cold weather. Yep it was so cold that Tres had asked for a jacket. Even though the cold weather was crippling, I was able to sit on the Ford’s swing and sip on the coffee. As I sat there I heard someone’s cell phone ringing. The sound seemed to come from across the street. The phone rang several times but I did not see anyone. I kind of assume it was my neighbor out behind his home. Still, that was a long way to hear a cell phone ring.

 

            I plan to go get my license for the truck this morning. I plan to try the local HEB first then if I can’t get them there I will need to drive down town.

            You are correct, ole senior people are always on the go!

 

May someone listen to you today!

 

Senior professional non-listener; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: