Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The last day 07.31.18

            The above date, tells the entire story. That is all I will say about this.

            We had a chance of rain for yesterday afternoon and last night. It did not rain at the Ford Homestead. We are only 11 inches behind for the year. This glass is not even half full!

            The days are getting shorter, and the sun is moving south. For that one person who always wants to be correct, “The earth is moving north making the sun appear to be heading south”.
           
            I plan to go outside and cut the dead out of the blackberry vines, if I can find my gloves.
Darnit, gloves found and the trash can moved into place, as seen in the photo below. Any of the plants that had berries this year will not have berries next year, so we, I mean I, remove them. 

            I cut as much as I could, then the sun broke through the clouds, I stopped. In the below photo you may see some of the old briers have been removed. I will get the rest when it is again cloudy, and I will also remove the weeds at ground level. Bandages are for when I get stock by the stickers!

May your day be sticker free!

Master Bush Butcher;         Don Ford

No comments: