Translate

Sunday, July 8, 2018

It rained 07.08.18

                                            

            What else do I need to say? Let me start with it rained! As you know I have commented about needing rain for quite a while now. I was in the back yard adjusting the settings on the sprinklers, (I now have all but one spraying in the right directions) when it started to sprinkle. There was some thunder so I moved inside the garage, where Tres and I observed the rain. One of my rain gages is located where I can see it from inside the garage, I was surprised that it had a half an inch in about 15 minutes.

            Tres watched it rain from the garage along with me, but he did not venture out into the rain, Tres had his bath yesterday. At the completion of the first rain (hoping there will be more as I write this posting) one rain gage showed over ¾ inch where the other gage showed and even ¾ inch.

            I then remember that our sprinkler system has a rain detector, and should shut the system down if we get a 1/2 inch of rain. I checked, it worked, and the system is shut down. J

            Oddly enough, I just looked at the security camera monitor and the drive way is 50% dry. That shows you how hot and dry the cement is or was. Looking at a different camera we usually have some water standing out back after a quick rain, there is no standing water! This was a blessed rain, and is a good beginning.

            I am going to the front porch with a root beer and I am going to sit there and enjoy the day. While on the front porch I called David and asked how he liked the rain. He said it had only sprinkled at his homestead. He is probably a mile and a half from our homestead. I thought the rain we received was an area wide rain but I was wrong. It is sprinkling again and I hope it sprinkles all night.

Thanks for reading my rantings!

 

Amateur ranting person:   Don Ford    

Professionals get paid


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: