Translate

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Project for a senior person part three 07.26.18

            Change in my plans! The CEO is painting today and she took my table (People like us on a fixed income, don’t have a work bench, so we use old folding tables) to paint on. In truth, she was using a smaller table and I volunteered the larger table (I may get supper tonight)! You may enlarge the photo below, but I doubt that you will need to, it is just painting.

            If you were to look closely, you would see that these are doors from cabinets. First she paints the edges as seen in the door at the top of the photo, then she uses the roller and gives each door two or three coats. The dark blue paint is not easy to cover with white paint. The table is, and was, white before she started painting. 
            I took the hinges off the cabinet doors and she painted the doors. I then put the hinges back on and reinstalled the doors. There was a shelf that was improperly installed, (I did not install it the first time) but I did install it properly, the second time. The Ford’s CEO helped me with the proper installation.  
            My neighbor was home and I was able to borrow my belt sander back today.
            I have attached the aluminum bars to both sides of the soon to be table top. I have attached the one board to both halves of the top. I am considering attaching a couple more 2x4s to the bottom which would help make the top stronger. In the photo below we see the underside of the soon to be top. The 2x4 is glued and screwed (that sounds odd). There are four clamps being used either oddly or wisely. I don’t have a clamp that will reach the full 44 inches, so I clamped a clamp to a clamp. Did I say clamp enough times? 

            When these clamps are removed, I will be ready to do some sanding and maybe use the router around the edges. 
            Now I have not commented on the fact that it was 114 degrees in Waco Monday. This is an all-time record high for Waco, the hottest day ever recorded at Waco! You should feel sorry for us seniors who have been working outside in the extreme heat.
            I took half of the top out to the table frame and set it in place, half is easier to carry. It fit properly, so I assume the entire top will also fit properly. 
            We have decided to paint the top white, after sanding. The umbrella is red with white in it, and the table frame is red. Hopefully it will look good when finished.
Hopefully this is next to the last part of this post!

Hopeful senior: Don Ford

No comments: