Translate

Friday, July 27, 2018

Project for a senior person last part 07.27.18

            Before I begin to explain this part of the senior project, and how the router blade broke in the middle of edging the table, I want to inform you of our experience today. We had a contractor over on Tuesday to give us a bid on the remodeling project. He seemed to know what he was doing but he only had a few samples. He suggested we could go out to where he gets his marble and granite and see the different colors etc.
            We drove out to Elm Mott, TX and at the building there was a sign on the door, will return at 12:00. It was 10:30 so we left a phone message and decided to drive back to Waco. About 11:00 we stopped at the Cracker Barrel to waste a little time having brunch. When we got ready to leave the Barrel I checked my phone which I had on do not disturb, and there was a message from the lady saying, they were back in the shop, and would be there until 4:00.
            My present wife and I headed for the business arriving about 11:50. I went to the door but it was locked. There was a fellow working in the back and he came up and said they had gone to lunch and would be back in 30 minutes.
            My spouse of 49 years and I re-mounted the Ford’s Chevy and headed for home. Maybe that was a sign that we did not need to do business with them.

            I had brought the Ford’s ole router up from the shed and prepared to route and edge on the table top. I had the table secured on a bench in the drive way, hoping to keep the wood chips out of the garage. I started and all was well at first then all of a sudden the router was cutting a deeper cut. I stopped to see what had happened. The bearing that was on the end of the bit had come off changing the cut. Well, all I could do was to continue cutting.
            The edging complete, I then had to hand sand all the way around the table top as there was a groove I needed to erase. About 1.5 hours later that was done. I filled in a few defects in the wood and it dried overnight.
            The next morning I sanded all the filled in spots and the top was ready for a coat of paint. The painting went ok and the first coat looked ok. I plan to put about three coats of paint on the top and one or two coats on the bottom, then transport it to the table frame.
            Speaking of the table frame, my first wife has purchased some red spray paint. The table frame and chairs are red and she thought there was some spots that need to be touched up. That means I need to get an old tarp from the shed and spray the metal frame and chairs. She said she was going to do it but you and I know what that means. Oh, she also said it needs to be washed, who will do that? Surprise, she did all that work. Photo to follow, please review.

            Before anyone asks, yes the chairs have, “The State of Texas” on them! We are naturalized citizens, and we appreciate the State we live in, “Texas”!
            I assume you think all this BS about working on a table top is just that, BS. I want to show you some of the help I had while working on this project. As you can see, Molly was a big help.  Click on the photo to verify my help.

            I have the table top painted and plan to install it tomorrow. I might be able to do it alone but I may also allow my youngest son to help me. The top is very heavy and it is bulky. Click on the photo if you want, it is all white.

            The next photo is of the installed table top with the umbrella. Is that a homemade checker board? It would be nice if it were cool enough to sit outside and use this set!

Ask, and you will receive!
Seek, and you will find!
Knock, and it will be opened!
Believe, and you can do anything!

Preacher;         Don Ford          Finally, it is done!

No comments: