Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

All things considered 07.25.18

            Today is Wednesday and we will only be 102 degrees. I will be attempting to work on the table top and also take my naps. Yes, today is filled with many exciting events!
            As I lay on the Ford’s ole bed this morning, I thought of something that I have experienced but you have not. Back many years ago, when I was a little children my family called me Donnie. What is so exciting about that name, nothing is exciting about that name. If you will allow me to continue, within a block of our home let’s say somewhere around 66 years ago, there was a family name Ford. They had a son who was my age, and his name was Donnie. Yep, two Donnie Fords living within a block of each other.
            That in itself isn’t too unusual, but if I may continue, my dad’s name was George A. Ford, and the other Donnie’s dad was named, George E. Ford. Now tell me that isn’t unusual!
            If you will allow me to continue, my mother’s name was Ethel Ford and the other Donnie’s mothers name was, Estelle Ford.
            Two families, who were unrelated and living within a block of each other, who had three people named almost the same! As I said, I have experienced something you have not!

            As all the loyal readers of this wonderful blog know, we have a couple cats, one of which is named Charlie. Charlie likes to stay in the homestead during these hot days here in Texas. He likes to be around his humans and stays in the front room, while Molly stays hidden in a closet. Charlie likes to get in the human chairs, even though we have a chair designated as his. When my first wife gets out of her chair he has a tendency to run and jump in it. I have a photo which shows he is relaxing in the present wife’s chair.

            We see Charlie laying on his back completely relaxing in Donna’s chair.
I need a cup of coffee, so I am leaving you now!
Follow Charlies lead, take a nap!
Don Ford

No comments: