Translate

Friday, July 20, 2018

Sounds like crap! 07.20.18

            Before I get into today sermon, I feel the need to present another short, yet informative story.

               My spouse of 49 years and I agreed on something! This may be the first time that we have agreed in years. The topic of agreement was, “We have been off our schedules since school let out for the summer”. We have not yet adjusted to the grandees being here only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. We are use to the grandees being here five days a week, then having Saturday and Sunday more or less open. When the grandees are not here on Tuesday it seems like it should be a weekend. Donna and I both agree, we have not yet adjusted to the new schedule.

            That being said, during last night’s period of non-sleep, I have one of these most nights, it occurred to me that I have been way off schedule when dating my posts. I had dated at least 3 postings with dates from the previous week. Example, I knew it was a Wednesday but instead of the 18th I dated it as the 11th. I have corrected the dates on those postings. I would have thought someone would have noticed, and alerted me.

 

            Now let us get to, “It sounds like crap”. I must admit, I use to think it sounded cool, but now I think it does not. As I see it, this sound might be considered as, “Assault”, and I now believe anyone producing the sound should be given at a minimum, a ticket by the police.

            Yesterday, as I was driving to the coffee place, I had the windows rolled down on the Ford’s Chevy for two reasons. First the Tres was with me and he likes to stick his head out the window, second it was only 80 degrees and I wanted to enjoy driving with the air turned off. I had brought the vehicle to a stop and was waiting for the light to change when this person on an Indian motor cycle came up to the side of my vehicle. This bike appeared to be new and it had straight pipes. It was making a very loud and annoying noise, which upset the Tres and me.

            Years ago, I use to ride with noisy straight pipes, and back then I thought they were great. Being a punk kid, thinking I was a “Biker”, I knew that people would hear the bike and then look at me. In other words I would get their attention. I am sure that people in the olden day’s disk like me as much as I dislike that adult punk on the Indian motor cycle. I now look at noisy bikes and wonder why anyone would waste money to take brand new mufflers off a street bike and put the straight pipes on.

            Maybe we change as we get older!

 

May your day be absent of annoying noise!

 

Ex-noisy Biker;   Don Ford 

No comments: