Translate

Monday, July 16, 2018

Sky view not Sky King 07.16.18

 

            Tres and I, were sitting outside enjoying an adult beverage on Sunday afternoon. Ok, I was enjoying the adult beverage and Tres was just lying in the grass. I was sitting on the Ford’s old rocker, and the Tres was lying there in the cool grass. I had the sprinklers on a little earlier which cooled the grass. As he lay there, I noticed that Tres was looking up at the sky as much as I do. It was as if he was wondering what was up there. Now that I am aware of him observing the sky, does Tres take after me, or do I take after him? Good question!

 

            Before the wise guy comments, yes he is a German shepherd, and no, that does not mean I give him beer! Some of the things you people come up with!

           

            The week ahead is predicted to be hot, with the temps each day above 100 and the estimated high of 105. Sounds like a hot time at the Ford’s Homestead!

 

            I did pull some weeds from one of the front flower beds today, and I have a bunch to pull out back. I also plan on making a sprinkler for one of the flower beds out back, but I will need to remove the weeds prior to installation.

 

            What? Ok I will explain, sky view is what Tres and I do. Sky King is an old TV show that was shown on Saturday mornings when I was a little person. It was about a rancher who had an airplane and he always saved the day!

 

            Memory: this just popped into my head or should I say, a memory from years past just came to me. I was either three or four years old, we lived in a very small house in the country. The house did not have running water, and we got our water from a cistern. The cistern was located outside the house and my parents would capture rain water from the roof, through the gutter system. There was a lever that was one way when it started to rain, and when they thought the roof had been cleaned by the rain, they would turn the lever and the rain water went into the cistern. To get water from the cistern, there was a crank hooked to a chain, when the crank was turned it would pull the water up and into a bucket.

            That is not the memory that came to me, that is just some history about the living conditions 66 years ago.

            My memory is of a cat. I remember my mom had the ironing board set up next to the bed. It was afternoon and it was nap time for me. Heck I even took naps when I was a kid! Mom was ironing and I was on the bed when the cat got on the bed with me and lay close beside me. The cat began to purr, or snore, when I told mom the cat was making noise. She responded, “The cat is singing you to sleep”. I guess it worked!  

 

Memories, what would we do without them!

 

Memory-ologist:         Don Ford

 

It’s a word, if you don’t believe me look it up.

No comments: