Translate

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Tree trimming 02.05.18

                What can I say, if one does it then everyone else will follow. I guess I am a follower.
                Our neighbor who is a friend, and lives across the street, had two very large trees removed from his front yard on Thursday. That was the start of it, then the neighbor to his right asked the contractor to cut a couple of his trees while they were there. Not wanting to be out done by the neighbors, I asked if they would trim a tree in my back yard. They said, if I could come up with some money they would trim my tree.
                Later that day, the contractor said, “We will probably get to you this afternoon”, again that was Thursday. Later that day the contractor came to me and said, “We will get to you tomorrow”. Friday came and late that afternoon the contractor said the trimers will come Saturday.
                Did you ever feel as if you were getting, “The run around”, well that is how I felt!
                Saturday came and it was a cloudy cold day. The wind was blowing and there was a prediction of rain (40% chance). The morning went by and no tree climbers. Finally I decided to eat a quick lunch of left over pizza. I had eaten one slice and was looking at a second when the doorbell rang. It was the tree trimmers.  I moved my truck and they backed their trailer into the back yard.
                One fellow threw a rope over a limb and climbed up into the tree. Photo below.



                The other fellow stayed on the ground and assisted the climber. They removed the dead wood and were careful not to damage the hot house.


                These two fellows did an excellent job!

Not the run around, just good work!

Don Ford
                 

No comments: