Translate

Thursday, February 1, 2018

To Burp or not 02.01.18

                Today is the first day of February and this story is the absolute best story I have written this month! I am going to make a cup of coffee, please excuse me for a few moments.

                Z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z z   

                I am back and the cup of coffee is not only hot but also good! J On a different subject, this morning for some reason, I am sneezing a lot. Could it be mountain cedar? L I have used my allergy nose spray, I hope it helps.

                Now to the subject of this lesson, “To Burp or not”. A definition of burp could be, “noisily release of air from the stomach through the mouth, also known as a, Belch”! That definition came from a dictionary. For those students who have never read anything from a book, I will explain what a dictionary is. A dictionary is a book, with a hard cover and the contents of this book has words in alphabetical order, each word has at least one definition, I am hoping that those students know what a book is.  

                Before that one person asks, yes, air can be released from the body through a different orifice, and we are not discussing that at this time.

                There are various burps and we will try to comment on a few of them. There is one burp in particular that I want to point out later in this lesson.

                The first burp that we will present is an intentional burp, usually loudly exaggerated, followed by a large smile and then, “Excuse me”! Now these burps can come from anyone but most often a male of the species. If you have a husband, son, brother or in my case a grandson you will hear repeated burps and excuse me. Yes, even the grandpa, will have a big smile, along with excuse me, once in a while!

                The second burp is totally unintentional and can be very embarrassing. This burp can be initiated by a male or female of the species, and is often followed by a red face of embarrassment. If it is obvious enough to the public it will be followed by “Excuse me!” This particular burp could be a problem if you are a young person, out on a date, and after having a hamburger with fries, you find a secluded, dark, quiet place to park, for a little necking. If during a lip lock, one of the participants happens to burp, that will often ruin the moment! K

                Although those burps are very interesting, I want to speak of a different burp. We are not sure if this burp is intentional or not. We do know it happens after a meal.

                Tres, is the producer of this burp, and it does occur after eating. He seems to have a tendency to eat, get a drink of water, and then come to me or my first wife and get in our face as he burps. What do you think? Is it intentional?

                Thanks for your attention during this class.

May all your burps be controlled!

Don Ford

No comments: