Translate

Monday, February 5, 2018

Spring is coming 02.06.18

 

                Here I am, sitting outside in the sun on a Sunday afternoon. This morning it was foggy and drizzly with a chill in the air. This afternoon it's nice and warm, a nice 61 degrees, no wind and I'm sitting out here without a jacket.  I noticed that the Grackles are having a great time flying and making noise this afternoon. For those of you that don't know what a Grackle is, it is a black bird that makes a lot of noise and messes on people’s cars. They are flying around making noise as if spring is coming!

                I look up at the pecan tree and the oak tree the tips of the limbs are starting to swell, so they're going to be blooming soon, spring is coming. I don't care what that groundhog said, here in Texas Spring is coming!

 

                That was Sunday (yesterday)! Today is Monday and winter has again arrived. L We left the homestead this morning going to the hospital and it was 30 degrees. We left the hospital about 9:00 am heading for home and it was still cold (33) cloudy and winter time. Donna’s eye surgery went ok, per the doctor! J

 

            On a different subject:

            I was not watching TV when I saw a commercial about dealing with a car sales man and as usual getting a bad deal. My wonderful mind harkened back to several years ago when Patrick (our eldest son) was wanting to buy a pickup truck. We have looked at several different dealers and I wanted to get a vehicle from a dealer fairly close to home but not in Waco.

            On this particular day, we had traveled to a town south of Hewitt and viewed a few trucks. We then drove to a town just west of Hewitt. Prior to arriving at the dealers I had told Patrick I needed him to do something when we were talking deal. Pete was supposed to, when I asked what he thought, say, “I really like the truck at the other dealer!

            We talked to the sales man and he made us a deal, then asked what we thought? Pete said, “I really like the truck at the other dealer“! The sales man said let me talk with the sales manager. He returned with a price that was much better. I shook my head and said I don’t think so, that is when Pete said “I really like the truck at the other dealer”.

            The salesman said, let me talk to the sales manager and see if we can do anything else. I looked at my watch and said ok we have a little more time. The Sales man came back with a better price, a chrome rear bumper and an upgraded audio. The sales man had got to a price that we could handle and a couple nice accessories, I was happy, so I looked at Pete and asked what he thought, to which he said, “I really like the truck at the other dealer”.  

            Patrick did not understand that I was ready to make a deal. We bought the truck, even though, Pete kept saying, I like the truck at the other dealer.

            Sometimes you have to be sneaky when dealing with a car salesperson (male or female).

 

 

Deal your way, or not at all!

 

Don Ford

No comments: