Translate

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Half Staff 02.22.18

                Flags were to fly at half-staff until sundown on Monday the 19th, 2018. I, being observant, noticed that the school flag at the Spring Valley School has been at half-staff all this week. Today Thursday the 22nd, 2018 again saw the flags at half-staff and the Texas flag has been twisted up in a tree limb for three days. Photo to follow, click to enlarge.
  
                Today I got out of my vehicle and went inside to the office. A lady came to the window and ask if she could help me. I asked, who takes care of the flags and she said, the maintenance person. I explained that the flags were tangled up in the tree. She said, they take the flags down each night. I said, no they don’t, the flag has been tangled for three days. She said again, I believe they take them down each night, and I said again, No they don’t, tell him to fix the flags. I left the building and went back to my vehicle. I sat there for almost an hour and they did nothing to the flags.
                First, they were not to be flown at half- staff after Monday, three days too long at half-staff!
                Second, the Texas flag has been tangled in the tree for three days!
                Third, the tree should be trimmed so the flags can fly without obstruction!
                Fourth, the ropes that hold the flags are not secured correctly!
                Fifth, whoever is supposed to put the flags up, and take them down, probably has never been in the military, or has no idea how to present the flags, or don’t care!

                This is upsetting to some of us!

If you don’t care about the flag you are a…  
                                                guess what I thought!
                                                                               
Don Ford
               

No comments: