Translate

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Spring is springing 02.26.18

                Spring may be here. We have observed trees that are budding, and we have Easter Lilies blooming. The photo isn’t great, our lead photographer was out of town so the number two photographer took the photo. Click on the photo to amplify. These lilies are in the front yard, we observed Tres in the back yard tasting the yellow blooms from some Easter Lilies, or CEO became enraged and threatened to…

I am writing this on Saturday and yes it is still raining. We have received over 2 inches of rain and it is muchly appreciated. The ground has absorbed the rain. All the rain has kept me inside at the security center here at the Ford homestead.
                I was going to post a photo of the control center but I knew all you would see is my glass of diet coke on the desk, and you would be wondering what it taste like! My main monitor is going south in a hurry, when I turn it on it flashes and takes a few minutes before it stays on. For some reason the screen has red streaks in it.   None of my equipment is even close to being new, that’s what you get when you are a senior citizen, on a fixed income. If seniors had money they would have all new equipment.
                Speaking of a diet coke, excuse me as I will leave the key board for a couple minutes to make myself a drink.
                I am back and starting to be refreshed.   Ignore that drawing.
                Different subject: I have a small piece of wood that I intend to turn into another, “master piece”, and may I say, “One of a kind art work” (aka pencil holder for an executive’s desk). Yes, there have been several of these masterpieces, that for the most part are created by the Tres, and finished by me. This one has not been completed, but it has had two coats of sealer on it. I will add a photo so you can see this art work.

              Please note the very fine dust at the right bottom of this soon to be masterpiece. Two nights I sat the piece on its end, as seen in the photo, and both nights there is dust at the right bottom. I first assumed there was something alive inside the piece. As I see it, having something alive in it with two coats of sealer is unlikely. More likely inside the piece, there is a spirit from the tree, of which this pre-masterpiece came from, that will continually provide knowledge to the future owner, and make it twice as valuable! I will not put a price on it until it is complete.
                It is assumed this unit will be able to stand as seen in the photo, or lay down, and either way it will still hold some executives favorite writing instrument from the past. Now that we have computers, no one needs a fountain pen anymore.
                Did you, as a children, have to attempt to learn to write properly with a fountain pen in school? I did, and I could not write neatly then, or now.
                Different subject: I installed my new dash cam and it works so much better than my old one did. The video is excellent. J
                Different subject: One last thought and then I will stop. The average last day for a freeze here in the Hewitt area is March 13th. J           I will need to start working in the yard. L

May your spring be soon!
Don Ford

No comments: