Translate

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Words 02.22.18

                Weather is the subject of this outburst…   and yes I know the difference between whether and weather even though they sound alike. I am sure you think you can articulate each of those words, in a way that others would know what you were saying, if you only said the word by itself and not in a sentence.

                It’s my posting and we are not talking about you, so set back, relax and enjoy this soon to be well composted article (get it).

                The weather here is, “Radical”. For the last couple days we have had temps in the upper 70s. We were able to be outside in short sleeve shirts. Now the wind was blowing like crazy, and the prognosticators were saying the rain was coming in amounts from 2 to 6 inches. We received 1 inch of rain here in Hewitt and then the weather turned cold. Tuesday morning at 6:00 am it was 70 degrees, and Wednesday morning at 6:00 am it was 37 degrees, today is Thursday and it is 34 degrees. We have now received almost 2 inches of much needed rain.

                Subject change:

                Now let us consider a word. Think about this word, “Read”. Not being much of a student, I may be incorrect in my explanation. There is a past tense (it has happened) and then there is a present tense (it is happening) and there is a future tense (it will happen).

                I will read the book.            I have read the book.          The same word, pronounced differently. How do they expect kids to learn to, “Read or Read”, when one of the words should be spelled “Red”.  They should always check with me before they decide how to pronounce a word.

               

                Different subject: I am having problems with my monitor. It has a tendency to start with red streaks in the screen, they are not in the computer screen so I know it is the monitor. I am not sure how old the monitor is but I assume it is around 10 years old. If I weren’t on a fixed income, I might be able to purchase a new monitor. I have thought about tossing the monitor out, but then I would have to look at a 15 inch computer screen, and that is smaller than the 20 inch monitor.

                Speaking of fixed income, I have never had income tax taken out of the social security check, and at the end of the year I must pay those taxes and a penalty. This has only gone on for 6 years and I have decided to have tax taken out this year. After taxes and Medicare, I may have enough money left to get a diet coke, but not a burger, at Whataburger. It is tough to be on a fixed income.  I mentioned Whataburger as I know a friend in Mesquite who will become hungry.  J

                We are getting rain again today and that is good. Tres don’t want to go outside as he doesn’t like the rain. We are happy that thunder don’t bother him. Now that I am thinking about him, I need to feed him, gota go, later!

Mountain Cedar Pollen is high, darn it!

Don Ford

No comments: