Translate

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Flower beds 02.28.18

                Even though this detailed account from yesterday is the subject of this article, I will start with a different subject. Sunday March 11th, is not, “A day that will live in infamy”, although many of you will be very upset, and justly so. 
                Today subject is flower beds. First I want to know why they are called, “Beds”! The flowers do not sleep in them, and if the flowers are laying down that means they are dead. If that is the situation, dead flowers, then they should be called, “Flower coffins”! Actually, after yesterday’s activities, maybe they should be referred to as coffin makers.
                Yesterday we had half a day that was sunny, warm, and not raining. I am not complaining about the rain as we needed it, and still need it. It was decided that I should attempt to act like the grounds manager and in his absence begin cleaning the flower beds out. I gathered the tools and begin the process. It wasn’t too bad at first, but there came the time that I was required to get down on my knees. Now being on ones knees is good when they are praying, but not as good when one is cleaning out leaves, dead grass or weeds from the flower coffin.
                I put in several hours, some on my knees and some standing. The work I achieved was nothing less than outstanding, especially when you consider the age of this senior citizen (I am over 50 years old). I now have a plan for the rest of the flower places (do you like that term) but it is going to rain and storm for the next two days, so my body will have time to repair itself, prior to the next endeavor.
                Today is the last day of February, and tomorrow we begin our March into spring! I had to underline the word March, as I know that one person will not get the play on words.
                Thanks for reading!

                What? You want to know what March 11th is. Come on, it isn’t that difficult to guess. You too! Ok, since there is more than one of you that wants to know, I will explain. March 11th is the date for daylight saving time to begin. Many of us will be off our schedules for a few days, and for the senior group along with the animal kingdom, we may be off our schedules for a few weeks.

I tried to save some daylight, but it didn’t keep!

Don Ford

No comments: