Translate

Monday, February 19, 2018

Your opinion 02.19.18

                Let me start off with a rebuttal to that person who was thinking about my coffee cup comments. You believe drinking coffee from a glass cup that isn’t washed daily with detergent is unsafe.  You have a right to your opinion. 

                As I understand it, you believe drinking your coffee from one of those Styrofoam cups while at work or at home is ok. If you were a person living on a fixed income wondering where your next dollar was coming from, you would use the same cup over and over in an effort to save money.

                I hope you don’t think those Styrofoam cups and also those paper cups are actually clean. They are made in a machine with people who sneeze and cough on and around them. They are packed in cardboard containers that aren’t sterile. They are shipped in trucks with who knows what. They are stored in a warehouse for who knows how long, allowing for those invisible germs to grow. Then someone who had been picking his nose a couple minutes earlier, fills the order for your cups. Finally you have these wonderful cups in hand. You remove a cup from the unsterile package, germs on the outside as well as on the inside. Not knowing whose germ laden hands have held the coffee container before you, and using your own unwashed hands, you poor your coffee into the cup. Now are you really going to drink from that cup? What could be better than being exposed to all that in your coffee.

                My cup was rinsed daily and the coffee stains in my cup were antibacterial.  

                My cup runneth over.

                I will rinse my cup after each use, I will wash my hands more often.

 

You will have a good week!

 

Don Ford

 

No comments: