Translate

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Colder than a... 02.07.18

                Well diggers shovel. I didn’t have enough room in the heading to finish the statement. It has been cold here the last couple days. The temps overnight have been in the low 40s and stay there all day, with no sunshine. There is always a breeze and even though we needed it, the rain made it feel even colder.
                It hasn’t been warm enough for me to sit outside on the Ford’s old rocker in the afternoons, do you know how disheartening this is. I am so depressed that I don’t even want to eat the meals my wife of 48 years puts in front of me. Even though I don’t want to eat, I do force myself just to make my wife happy. Do you believe that? If so, I have a suspension bridge on the Brazos for sell cheap!
                This morning the Tres and I went out to get the paper. It was dark and I had my flash light looking for the paper. I didn’t see it but Tres did. He grabbed it and took it inside. Nice doggy!
                It seems as if we have had Tres for several years. I checked to see what his birthdate was thinking it might be close to the Alex’s BD. Tres was born on May 2nd, which means he is 10 months old? I have been saying he was 10 months old for the last few months. Maybe someone is changing the date in my computer.
                Donna went to the doctor yesterday and he said all looked good. She was able to see the eye chart letters even though her vision is still a little blurry. We get to go to the store together today, she loves it when I go with her, “NOT”! I get to do the lifting of any heavy items.
               
Got to go, taking the Gabi to school!  J
I am back J

            After dropping the Gabi off at school, I decided to get some gas for the Ford’s Chevy. It was 31 degrees outside and would you believe, the wind was blowing 78 MPH as I stood there freezing my old frail body, while Tres was inside the truck warm and happy. Would you believe, it takes 25 minutes to fill up the Chevy in this terribly cold weather, but in summer months it only takes about one minute?

May your tank be full on cold days!

Don Ford
               

No comments: