Translate

Friday, November 6, 2020

Tired of it 11/06/2020

            Political comment: I have the feeling that most people who voted in this election did not vote for a president! I have the feeling that most people voted against a president!

            Think about that, did you vote for, or against?

 

            Happy new subject: Today as my friend Tres and I walked, we observed a turtle. This turtle was one of those green turtles, kind of like a turtle that we might see in a fish bowl. He or she, wasn’t very large. This turtle was laying in the street on his back. As you may know, turtles who get tossed on their back, sometimes can’t get rolled over, or right side up again.

            Tres did not see the little turtle and I started to walk past it, but being the nice guy I am, I decided to turn it back over. You would have likely done the same thing if you had seen the little guy laying there.

            I used my walking stick in an attempt to get him upright. Before anyone asks, yes, I carry either a cane or a walking stick when we walk. I would tell any one that I carry it as a defensive tool, if anyone ever asked, and I would use it to defend myself or the Tres! Consider, a very mad and upset Chihuahua comes out from someone’s yard and attacks Tres. I would use the walking stick to fight off the Chihuahua.

            I digress (that means I have strayed from the topic). It took several tries to get the little green turtle turned over, but I was eventually successful. Do not ask if I have a photo, yes, I have a photo! You don’t think I would tell the story without proof, do you!

            Now in all honesty, and as you know I do attempt to be as honest as possible; this little green turtle had been laying there in the street for at least a couple weeks. Each day as we walked, I would see it laying there, and today I decided to turn it over. Yep, I brought it home with me. This little plastic guy was in the street for several weeks. You are correct, I am nice!


                                               

            Let us change the topic again; no one likes to know what ole senior people who are retired do with their time; so, I will explain. Yesterday, I decided to attempt to move a cactus in a flower pot which weighed possibly 70 pounds. It is now in the Ford’s ole hot house.

              I watered the plants in the Ford’s ole hot house. 

              I picked up the sticks and other items from the front yard.

              I used the mower and vacuumed the front yard. By vacuumed I mean, I raised the mower so it was not cutting grass but it was sucking up the leaves and dead grass into the grass catcher.

              I blew the grass and leaves off the drive and side walk. I then swept the street along our curb and removed said crap, I mean leaves and crushed acorns. 

              After all that work, I took the time to read the Bible for an hour.

              I uploaded two videos from VHS tapes (from 1984) to the Ford’s ole kind of new computer. This process is time consuming. I hope to continue this process until I get all the ole videos on the computer, then if anyone wants them, I can provide them. 

              My favorite spouse and I went to the Cracker store for supper yesterday.

              As one can see, we had nothing to do! Being ole equates to, nothing to do!

 

            I have intentionally not been listening to or watching the Radio or TV. I am more tired of the political crap, and that is what it has become to me, than I am tired of being at home due to the virus.

 

May your day be interesting and safe! 

 

Senior ole retired person on a fixed income with nothing to do, Don the Ford

No comments: