Translate

Monday, November 2, 2020

Second day, day before 11/02/2020

            Let's see now, I need to explain something, what is it? Oh, I need to explained the title line! How do I do this, so everyone, including that one person, and we all know who you are, understands. I will attempt to break the title line down in to two portions, and possibly everyone, including me, will understand.

            Second Day; it is the day after the day the time changed, thus, second day. I, along with the dog and cat, will take some time to adjust to the change. This morning both Charlie (cat) and Tres (dog) came to my bed at 4:00 new time (5:00 old time) where I was also awake. They wanted to start the day based on daylight saving time, which was normal for us.

            Short story made longer, I got up at 4:00 present time and let the dog out, I sat in a chair for about 10 minutes petting Charlie. I went back to bed and stay there until 5:00 present time.           

            The time change has messed up happy hour!

           Note: when I drug my ole body out of the bed this morning, there was an aroma filling the Homestead. The aroma was that of pork roasts being slow cooked. Why were they (note the word they, indicates multiple pork roasts) being cooked? Tomorrow is tamale day here at the Ford's Homestead. My favorite wife makes hundreds of tamales on tamale day, in fact, she has made as many as 30 dozen in one day. I will get to taste test, one or two tamales during the manufacturing process. 😊

            Day before: Ok, now I assume you are paying attention, and know what the part of the title line, Day before means. I am glad you are paying attention. As you assume, Day before means, "The Day before the freaking election". I will be glad when it is all over, but as we all know, after the election they will continue to talk about the election.

            Subject change; it is cold here this morning, 39 degrees at 5:00am, it should get up to about 70 by the end of the day and I have one planned project for the day. I will review the back 40 and may mow it if, my ole retired body can get on the ole riding mower. 

            I purchased some wires and a program which should allow me to take videos from ole VHS tapes and save them to a media, that can be used on a computer. I just need to be a little smarter. I made my first attempt yesterday, and so far, nothing on the computer yet. It may take some time but I will get there, I hope! 

            If you haven't yet, get ready, you will need to do it tomorrow! (If you don't know what that means, we are in trouble.)

Tomorrow, Wear a mask, vote!

Senior retired person who has voted, Don the Ford

No comments: