Translate

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Forced or volunteer 11/17/2020

            Let us not consider whether it was forced or volunteer, let us see it as, being allowed. When one is allowed to do something, even if it isn't their favorite activity, it makes the time spent on the activity seem more agreeable, and one might get supper if they participate in the allowed activity.

            Before we venture into the allowed activity, I would like to comment on our visit to the vet yesterday. Tres has a problem with his ears. The vet says, he has a yeast infection. I wonder if we could scrape the yeast out of his ears, and use it to make some bread? That sounds real good!

            We now have three medicines to give him over the next 10 days, not counting the one he has been taking. I believe we spent more at this one vet visit, than I spent on my doctor visits and prescription all of last year. We have learned from friends, that we should get the dogs meds from a pharmacy, and not the vet.

            We will be taking him outside and trying to put liquids into his ears. Have you ever tried that with a very large dog? Not a lot of fun for him or us.

            OK, what was I allowed to do yesterday.

            I was allowed to bring many, but not all, of the Christmas decorations from the Ford's ole shed. The garage is now the storage area.

            I was allowed to bring the Ford's ole ladder from the shed, and climb on it too many times yesterday, installing lights along the roof of the house. 

            I was also allowed to begin installing lights on the ground along the blocks, I made it to the new side walk.

            Today, after Tres and I go for a walk, I will be allowed to place more lights starting at the new side walk and continuing to the area near the garage door.

             I will also be allowed to attempt to repair a couple sets of lights. Heck I might even be allowed to do some other interesting projects! 😊 😐

 

May you be allowed, not forced!

 

Senior Christmas decoration aficionado, and volunteer worker, Don the Ford

No comments: