Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Are you Unhappy? 11/22/20

            Most of us are unhappy with the way things are. We do not like to wear the masks, we do not like the idea of not getting together with family or friends. Heck, I assume most of us have some amount of depression in our lives these days.

            Please consider, this approach to help make things somewhat better.

            A couple times daily, stop what you are doing for about 15 minutes.

            Turn off all the TVs, videos, or games.

            Stop all your projects, or jobs.

            Find a comfortable quiet seat.

            For a few minutes clear your mind and think positive thoughts.

 

Me, I don’t enjoy putting decorations on the house and in the yard. When I am doing that type work, I say to myself, “I don’t like doing this, but I am happy that I can still put the decorations on the house and in the yard”!             Negative to positive.

Me, I am working on something and maybe I drop something, it gets dirty or maybe I have to do something over again. My first thought is, darn it, and I start to become upset. That is the best time to stop, smile and say with a smile, “if that is the worst thing that happens today, it isn’t a bad day”.       Negative to positive.

Me, when things aren’t going right, I take a break, get a cup of coffee, I sit down for a few minutes, I have some time to think.

            Maybe I got that from my dad. I remember when Dad would be working on something and things weren’t going right, he would say, “Contrary outfit”, he would stop what he was doing, get a cup of coffee, and take a break.

 

You, Me, Us, take time to find your way of dealing with an unpleasant situation, look for a positive approach. Before things get really bad, talk with family, a friend or a professional. Share your thoughts, it will help you and maybe your comments can help someone else. Take time to listen to others, you may be the positivity they need! 

            A smile always helps. Positive thoughts will help lift your spirits, and when you are happy, family and those around you will be happier.

Smile, share your thoughts, listen to others!

Senior presenter of ideas, Don the Ford

No comments: