Translate

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Nice ride 11/08/2020

            Yesterday, there were two nice rides. My favorite wife and I went for a ride in the Ford’s ole Chevy. We left the Homestead about 2:30 and returned to the homestead about 4:30. This trip had a couple reasons. First, we were getting out of the Homestead for a while, you know, we needed a break from the so-called new normal, and second, we wanted to get a couple sandwiches from the Bunkhouse BBQ. (First nice ride)

            I took the long scenic route getting to the Bunkhouse, and a direct path home. Now this is the odd thing, on the way home, we were heading east on highway 84 at about 70 mph, when we observed a red Gold Wing motorcycle heading west on 84. We had a very quick glimpse of the bike, and I noted to my favorite wife, that bike was like Wayne’s bike, it was exactly like his bike!

            Later that evening Wayne sent me a Text message about politics. At some point I changed the topic, noting that my favorite wife and I went to the bunk house. Wayne noted that he had also gone to the bunk house on his motorcycle at about 4:00. It was Wayne we saw speeding on that Red Gold Wing, I am kidding about Wayne speeding, he is one Biker who may have never speeded in his life! (Second nice ride)

            Allow for a topic change please; wow, did you notice how polite I was, using the word please? Tres and I went for a walk this morning in the early morning fog. We normally do not walk on Sunday morning but we needed to get out of the house. I have become disinterested in any news that has to do with the presidential election. I understand who has won, but I refuse to watch anything at this time, with either of them in it. I have a couple photos taken this morning during the walk, if you will allow me to present them. Wow, I was polite again!


                                                           

            I apologize for the quality of that photo, (wow, I am being polite again, am I sure this is me) what got my attention is, the one pecan tree is dropping its leaves, and the others are not.


                                               

            I also wanted you to see the fog that we were walking through. It was dense enough to condense on the tree leaves, and when we walked under the trees, we would get drops of water on us.

            Something else I found interesting during the walk, it seems as if I find a lot of things interesting lately, as we walked, I had thought possibly, instead of walking to the end of Oklahoma Ave, we might turn right and walk a slightly different way. The surprise was, as we approached the corner, it was as if Tres had the same thought I had, because he started making the turn before I did. Can dogs read our minds?

            Let us swap topics again; I have been moving old movies from VHS tapes to the PC. Yes, I know I had told you that already. It is a slow process and basically, I sit here watching the videos being saved. The oldest I have done so far is from 1984, that is 36 years ago!

 

                        May we change those things we can change,

                        and learn to accept the things we can’t change!

 

May your Sunday be safe and happy!

 

Senior acorn picker upper and constant complainer, Don the Ford

No comments: