Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Bypassed again 04/30/2020

            Yep, the title line again, “Says it all”! I, maybe I should say we, were again bypassed. Possibly it is a good thing to be bypassed. If we never are involved, then we should never miss what bypassed us.
            I shall change the subject and possibly provide you with an interesting photo. Yesterday my wife asked me, “What month is it”? I looked at her as if she had totally lost it. Why would she ask me what month is it, she didn’t seem to be ill. I gave her a look and then I asked, “What did you just ask”. She responded in an irritated manner, “Can’t you hear me, what month is it”! I decide to test her and I said, “It is July”. She gave me a look and called me a dummy. I responded to her with, “You are saying I am a dummy, and you want to know what month it is”.
            My spouse of 51 years said, “We have a Christmas cactus, it normally blooms in November and December. This is April 29, and the Christmas cactus is blooming!” To my surprise as I reviewed the plant, it was covered with blooms. I have a photo, click to enhance.
                                               
            Well my first wife was not crazy, the cactus was blooming and that isn’t all, there is a smaller Christmas cactus with white blooms (not pictured) that is also starting to bloom.
            Is this nature’s way of providing ole people who are in solitary confinement, a pleasant and very positive view, to help ole people know they may someday, be able to get back to their old habits and routines? Nature is helping make this new life, prettier!
            Thanks for reading this posting. What? You want to know about the title line. Let me think, title line, what was the title line. Oh I remember now. Bypassed again was the title line. Truthfully I feel that we were bypassed because most of the people in this neighborhood are retired senior people.
            Ok, here is what happened, I will keep this short as I need a cup of real coffee. Coffee, I haven’t had a cup of real coffee from the star coffee place in over 6 weeks, I guess you can say I am saving money. What, no, coffee has nothing to do with being bypassed. Can’t you just read what is written without assuming things.
            It was a warm afternoon, I was sitting in the Ford’s ole rocker on the driveway near the garage door. I had completed an adult beverage and was considering whether I wanted another, when I heard the sound. It isn’t unusual to hear the sirens from fire trucks, ambulances, and police vehicles as we are just 3 blocks away from the major avenue through Hewitt, Hewitt drive.
            This time the sirens seem to be coming from a different direction, they seemed to be north of our Homestead and they seemed to be close. I was able to force my ole senior body from the rocking chair, and take a few steps into the front yard.
            No, it had nothing to do with the adult beverage I had. I am getting, no, I am old and it takes some effort to get out of the ole rocking chair and walk a few steps.
            I looked down the street which is to the north, and I saw a police car with lights flashing and sirens blaring. In fact, there was a couple police cars and then there was a bunch of normal vehicles following the police, all sounding their horns. It was some sort of parade.
            They made the turn and drove up Texas Street, but they did not make the turn to come over to Oklahoma Ave. We were bypassed again. No parade for the retired people on Oklahoma Ave. 
            Now you know, the virus wants the ole people but the people who are parading don’t want us. With tears in my eyes I finish this posting.

Let nature provide your parades!
                                 
                              The color is starting to change.

Senior non-essential person, Don Ford 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: