Translate

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Let's get started 04/06/2020

               The title line is referring to, let’s get started in talking about, me! What could you enjoy more than reading about me? I know what you are thinking, “Thank you Don”!         You are welcome!
            But before we get into enjoying me, let’s consider our present confinement.
            We need to stop thinking about what we can’t do, or where we can’t go. We need to have a more positive attitude, and think about what we can do to help a neighbor or friend. Just a call on the phone often will lift someone’s spirit.
            When we help someone, it makes us feel better, which helps us! 

            Now let’s get back to me! I understand that each of you have been wondering if I have had anything to keep me occupied over the weekend. Well, I did. I decided to work on an old string trimmer. I knew the ole trimmer would not run, so being a mechanical genius (some say I am not a genius, but a genuine anus). I have a photo showing the parts that were removed from said unit. Click to enhance or not, it is your choice.
                                   
            After strenuous hours of labor on this ole senior’s part, I did get it back together. 
                                   
            The little rubber tubes laying on the bench came from the trimmer. Did the trimmer run, yes it did. It ran but only for a few seconds, then I needed to restart it. It ran but not for long. I have taken it apart several times and I am still working on the unit. It starts but will not continue to run. It seems to me as if the gas is not getting from the tank to the carburetor.
Love and help your neighbor / friend!
Senior mechanical genius, and genuine anus, Don Ford

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: