Translate

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Get out in the yard 04/29/2020

            You might want to get out into your yard and see some of nature. I have a photo of a natural occurrence here at the Ford Homestead. Tres did not see this occurrence.
                                               
Story by Ford:
            There is this senior fellow who has a habit of sitting on the ole rocking chair that is located on his drive way. He does this most afternoons, often wishing he had a friend to talk with to relieve the loneliness. This senior person was in the ole rocker yesterday afternoon when a parade of four wheelers, possibly 10 or more, some with balloons, some carrying two riders, and the last one had a sign on the back but it was unreadable, came down the street. They did not ride in front of the ole senior’s house, which may have made this lonely ole neighborhood seem livelier, instead they turned at the corner and disappeared down that street.
            I believe it must have been someone’s birthday, and they were going to drive by that person’s home as a celebration.
            Yesterday, I decided to make one bird house and see how long it takes to make one of these units. I timed myself starting with placing the needed equipment, marking the wood, cutting the wood, assembly of the unit, clean up and put away. It took one hour and fifteen minutes. I would add thirty minutes per additional unit. Below one can see pieces for a bird residence, Yes there is an instruction / parts list. What, you thought a senior person could remember sizes? Come on, I can’t remember what I had for supper last night. OK, I do remember what I had for supper last night, I can remember food!
                                            

Go out, see nature, get relief from our incarceration.

Senior nature person and semi-lonely rocking chair enthusiast, Don Ford
         
I am not really that lonely sitting on the ford’s ole rocker. I constipate, I mean concentrate on topics as I sit on the ole rocker. 

Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: